Back to Careers
SUMMARY: Brighton Food Cupboard Assistant
Responsible for assisting with the daily operationsand coordination of volunteers at the Brighon Food Cupboard
RESPONSIBILITIES & ESSENTIAL DUTIES
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Unload, sort, and stock food received from Foodlink and other vendors and community organizations
- Drive BFC van to pick up food from area retailers or community organizations as requested (candidate must have valid NYS driver’s license and pass a driving background screen)
- Assist Brighton Food Cupboard Coordinator in daily coordination of volunteers
- Accept donations from the community maintaining appropriate In-Kind receipts
- Assist shopping for client food packages, as needed
- Assist with maintaining a clean food pantry including equipment
- Practice proper food safety and inventory control
- Assist with monitoring and maintaining food pantry equipment for proper and safe operation as requested
- Other duties as requested by supervisor.
High School diploma or equivalent credentials
2 years of work experience required. Excellent phone and people skills essential. Must be organized and able to work in a face paced environment. Computer skills a plus.
Must have a current, valid NYS driver license and a reliable car. Able to climb stairs. Able to lift 50 lbs daily.
This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.